How to Qualify for Admission
Admission to any of our college-level Diploma Programs requires ONE of the following:
- High School Diploma
- Academic Upgrading Level IV
- General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Mature Student Status*
Certain programs also have additional academic pre-requisites.
- Business Accounting Pre-Requisite:
- Medical Office Administration Pre-Requisite:
A Grade 12 Diploma with Grade 12 Academic Math.
Grade 12 or 11 Science or equivalent.
Before acceptance into a CD-ED program, you will be required to complete a telephone interview with the Admissions Department. This step is vital to ensure that you are choosing the right program, to prepare you for what lies ahead, and to be certain that you have the right support system in place to successfully graduate from a home study program.
*About Mature Student Status
Students who do not meet the listed academic prerequisites for their program of choice may be considered on an individual basis provided the following requirements are met:
- You are at least 21 years of age
- You have been out of school for at least one year
Mature Student Applicants must also submit the following documentation according to the rules set down by the Nova Scotia Department of Education & Culture:
- Copy of school transcripts
- Personal resume
- Three letters of character reference
- Letter outlining your future plans and the reasons you expect to successfully complete the program of studies
- Reading and Writing Assessment
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire