What You Get
You will receive everything necessary to complete your program, including software, textbooks, unlimited support, online services and even computer equipment if necessary. Each course’s tuition is all-inclusive and there are no hidden fees – you receive everything below:
Our student website gives you access to everything necessary for successful graduation, including:
- online tests for easy access,
- proprietary video tutorials,
- assignment upload for email-free file transfer,
- live chat and static forums for student and instructor interaction,
- a report card to follow your progress,
- a tech centre for resolving computer issues,
- file downloads for lessons,
- a career services site,
- a resource library,
- proprietary lessons prepared by our instructors, and
- unlimited access to the students’ centre 24/7.
Upon acceptance and before your start date arrives, you will be given immediate access to our pre-study orientation course. This course covers the following topics:
Introduction to the Centre for Distance Education
Once you’ve completed all activities to facilitate full enrollment, this topic will engage you in informational activities to help you know more about the school.
How to Be a Successful Student
Adult education can be a tricky thing, especially if you’ve been out of school for a little while. Online education can be new even if you just recently graduated. The resources and activities this section will help you find yourself more than ready to greet your first course assignments.
How to Live a Successful Life
School isn’t everything, but it can affect everything. This topic includes information to maintain a healthy mind, body and spirit, decision making, becoming a critical thinker, and more – to help you be the best you possible throughout your college days and beyond.
Upon your official start date, you’ll gain access to the full career services program; at this beginning point, you’ll take a look at your goals and expectations and make sure you’re on the right track to reach those goals successfully.
You will receive, registered in your name, all of the educationally licensed software required for your chosen program.
Depending on your program, this can include the latest versions of:
- Adobe Creative Suite including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and/or Dreamweaver
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, Access, and/or PowerPoint
- Windows or Mac OS
- Simply Accounting
You will receive all of the textbooks and software required to complete your program. In addition, your student website will provide:
- the school’s policies and regulations,
- a startup guide,
- all course outlines and assignments,
- a submission schedule to keep you on track, and
- a study guide written especially for distance education students.
Our computers meet or exceed the requirements of the newest industry-standard software. You have your choice of a custom-built PC, a laptop, or, for some programs, a Mac Mini. Our desktops and the Mac Mini include:
- a high-capacity hard drive,
- a high-speed CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive,
- a sound card and speakers,
- a high-speed modem,
- a 17” flat panel monitor, and
- a web-ready keyboard and mouse.
Note: Not all programs include all computer options due to system requirements. Please check with your Admissions Representative to ensure your chosen computer is compatible with your chosen program.
*Students are not compelled to use CD-ED Equipment. Speak to an Admissions Specialist for more information.
**Computer is the property of the Centre for Distance Education. Upon graduation, the graduate is awarded ownership of the computer.
Student Services & Learning System
CD-ED uses a Learning Management System that allows a complete online education experience. You’ll be given a web address and login information that brings you to a webpage which includes everything you’ll need.